Rounding out our theme on Ireland’s History of Emigration, we take a look at the subject of ancestry. What does it mean to have Irish roots, and how can you find out more about yours? We talk to our colleague Katie who tells us her story.
- A little more on tracing your ancestry at Glasnevin Cemetery.
- Spancil Hill by The Dubliners – I can’t find the Luke Kelly version but this is good too.
Caitlin egg conch
- Irish – Ar mhaith leat cupan tae?
- Phoenetic – Err wah lat cup-on tay?
- Translation – Would you like some tea?
Potts & Plans
7 Day Irish Heritage
- Tour the bottom half of Ireland and retrace some of your ancestors footsteps.
- 6 night escorted tour with the option to extend for an extra night at Dromoland Castle.
- Mention the podcast for a little surprise on your vacation.
- Find more Tours for the Reasons at crystal-travel.com/reasons