For many people all over the world, Ireland is a destination first seen on the silver or small screen. As part of our Filming Locations theme, we enter the world of Westeros where the Emerald Isle is a character in its own right. With many scenes filmed in Titanic Studios as well as throughout Ireland, Game of Thrones comes in at Reason 19 this week.
- The GoT cast and crew reflect on filming in Northern Ireland
- One of Joe’s (many) blogs on Game of Thrones
- A compilation of Tyrion’s best quotes. Beware of spoilers!
Here’s a pic of Joe keeping the ego at bay on a GoT throne…
Caitlin Egg Conch
- Phrase 1: Seo chugainn an geimhreadh.
- Translation: Winter is coming.
- Phrase 2: Na rudaí is féidir liom do ghrá.
- Translation: The things I do for love.
- Phrase 3: Nuair a imríonn tú an cluiche na corónach, tú bua nó tú bás.
- Translation: When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.
- Phrase 4: Náire! Náire! Náire!
- Translation: Shame! Shame! Shame!
- Phrase 5: Tá a fhios agat rud ar bith, Seán an tSneachta
- Translation: You know nothing, Jon Snow.
As shown in GoT, Mussenden Temple oversees the breathtaking Downhill Strand.
Potts & Plans
- Ditch the TV screen and discover the real-life world of Westeros in person.
- 6-night self-drive tour with freedom to incorporate any other destinations you wish.
- Mention the podcast for a little surprise on your vacation.
- Find more Tours for the Reasons at crystal-travel.com/reasons