Congratulations on your engagement! Thinking about a destination wedding? Planning your big day can be overwhelming - no matter where it's located. Wouldn't you like to avoid all the stress and fuss? This is, after all, a time worth celebrating! Below, we've got some tips on key points to consider when planning your destination wedding.
1. I do! But, where to? So you’re thinking of having a destination wedding. Where do you want to get married? It may seem like an obvious question but one idea can lead to another and another. Is there a destination that holds a special place in your heart? Perhaps there’s a place you and your fiancé have dreamed of visiting? Now’s your chance.
2. What sort of venue would you like? Will your happily ever after begin in a magical castle surrounded by your loved ones? Or, maybe you wish to say your nuptials outdoors looking out onto the Cliffs of Moher? It's your day. Make it what you want.
3. How many people do you plan to invite? Keep in mind, they aren't just hopping in a car and driving to the church in the next town over. Will you keep it small and intimate or do you have many loved ones willing to travel? Perhaps you have friends and family already living in or near the destination you've chosen.
4. What’s your budget? While it's not always the most fun topic, finances are important to make note of upfront. Sound stressful? Don’t fret! Crystal Travel works with international vendors saving you time and money.
5. Where do you want to stay? Maybe you want to meet locals and stay in a traditional B&B? Or, perhaps, your wedding calls for a night in a 5-star castle? Will your guests stay in the same accommodations?
6. Pounds, Euros, Dollars. Tomato,
7. What is it about the destination that makes it so special to you and your partner? Are you looking to showcase the country’s culture throughout your wedding? Maybe you want local musicians from the area to play traditional songs. Perhaps you want a reading given in the Irish language. The opportunities are endless!
8. When do you want the wedding to take place? The destination covers the ‘where’ part, but the ‘when’ can also be impacted by travel seasons. Peak season may cost more but will offer better weather.
9. Do you want to see the venue in person to provide a better idea
10. What will you do for transportation when you’re there? Renting a car will give you both the freedom to come and go as you please. A chauffeur will take away all the fuss of worrying about getting lost.
11. Most importantly: Take in every moment of this exciting period in life. These are the moments you'll look back on for years to come. It's all about cherishing them with your partner as you begin this new, precious chapter.
Looking for more?